Thursday 27 February 2014

Rimmel stay matte foundation

Rimmel stay matte liquid mousse foundation £5.99 available online here

I've done it...I think I've found my ultimate drugstore/pharmacy foundation!!! This little beauty rivals that of it's high end alternatives. It's hands down THE BEST foundation I have bought for under £6!! I love revlon colourstay and probably will always go back to it but couldn't actually believe how good this was.
 

First impressions:
I picked this up at Boots for £5.99 and thought why not give it a try i picked shade 200 soft beige. There was only two shades to pick from, I'm not sure if there is more as my local Boots is only small. I tried it this morning and I literally said 'wow' when I put it on. I used a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki to apply and I didn't need a lot. I do have blemishes and dark spots but the coverage is fab so I didn't even need to conceal once applied. It blended like a dream, was a good match and didn't feel too heavy! This is definitely only for people who like full coverage and matte skin, it isn't dewy or glowy it does exactly what it says!! It's a thick consistency and almost a mousse like texture. 
 

Pros and cons:
There are so many pros for this foundation, it's cheap for £5.99 and there's a 3 for 2 deal on at the moment so you could get 3 of these for under £12!! It's great coverage as I said and perfect for oily/combo skin. I didn't have high hopes for this foundation but Rimmel have done it again, they just keep getting better and better! I guess you could say 2 shades really isn't enough, Rimmel should bring out more shades of this it's such a good foundation!! 
 

Overall:
Definitely my go-to foundation from now on! It does what I want for a foundation and I can't believe how cheap it is! I can't say enough good things about this foundation if you're thinking about trying this do it!!! 

Me wearing the Foundation (no filter):
 

No comments:

Post a Comment