Friday 21 February 2014

Lush: mask of magnaminty

Lush - Mask of Magnaminty, £5.95/125g available online here
 
Help! I have got a spot and I need it gone now!! DONE!! Well pretty much...if you suffer from our little red angry friends fear not I have a solution for you! The mask of Magnaminty is your knight in shining armour!

First impressions:

When I heard about this mask I had to have it! I suffer from breakouts a lot around my mouth and chin area and I was looking for something to help get rid of these. I have tried lots and lots of masks before and they just generally really dry my face out or just don't make a difference to my spotty chin. I picked this little beauty up and tried it as soon as I got home. It smells fresh and minty and the texture is thick and grainy. It took a while for it to dry on my face - it says leave on for 5-10 minutes but I had it on for a good 15-20, maybe I applied it too generously but it says to do so! I removed it with a warm flannel and instantly my skin felt softer and the redness from the spots had gone down a little. In the morning the appearance of the spots had definitely improved, high five Lush! 
 
 

Pros and cons:
 
This mask is pretty cheap, there's a fair amount if product in this tub - plus you can get a 315g tub for £9.25, which I will be purchasing when this little baby runs out! I really only apply this to the areas which I have the spots so I think this will last me a while - but remember to check the use by date on the tub. It works so that's a massive pro, the only con is that it contains parabens (listed in the ingredients) which has been linked to cancer. I know that a lot of products contain parabens but I try to choose products (if I can) that do not contain these.
 
 
 
 

Overall:
 
If a product works - and this really does!! I am only going to recommend it, so go and buy this!!! Its fantastic value and the best spot preventing product I have had for a long time! Has anyone else tried this yet? If so what did you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment