Tuesday 25 February 2014

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner and Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush

Maybelline Gel eyeliner £7.99 - available online here
Real Techniques Fine Liner £6.99 - available online here


This one is a double whammy! I bought these two products together because I knew what I wanted; a long wearing black gel eyeliner and a good brush to apply it with. The gel eyeliner comes with a small brush you are meant to apply it with - I find this brush pretty useless for that as its too thick and hard to control - is good to apply lip products with so I have kept it for that purpose!


First impressions:
I had researched what to buy by looking at reviews and testing whilst in store. The liner is very pigmented and has a smooth texture. I pick up the product straight from the pot onto the brush and dab off the excess in the lid, I find the eyeliner glides on easily and kind of sets which I suppose is needed for longevity. This is now my go-to eyeliner everyday now, I love it! I have used Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC and other drugstore versions but this is the best by far and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a long wearing black eyeliner.



The brush is a perfect tool to apply this eyeliner - its easy to use, light and it moves so easily to create your preferred look. I have a few of the Real Techniques brushes and they never let me down!

Pros and cons:
To me I cant say there are any cons for either of these products I am so happy I looked into what to buy beforehand as it paid off. The pros are they are both drugstore/chemist products so cheap and easy to get hold of plus there's usually a deal on in the drugstores!


Overall:
I am extremely happy I bought this eyeliner - it is exactly what I needed to create winged eyeliner or any kind of dramatic eye looks I want, it also stays put on the waterline which is a bonus! So if you are looking for the same things to add to your makeup collection.....look no further!

No comments:

Post a Comment