Sunday 16 March 2014

No7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush and Instant Radiance highlighter

N07 Pop and Glow Cream Blush and Instant Radiance Highlight available online here
 
I picked these brand new products up after receiving a voucher with £3 off no7 makeup. These instantly caught my eye as it's coming up spring and coral is one of my favourite makeup colours to wear during Spring/Summer! The colour I chose was Mango Sorbet for the blush and the highlight was only in one shade. I wouldn't usually go for a cream blush but I thought I would give this a try as it was an offer 3 for 2.



 First impressions:
 
I must admit I'm not a massive cream blush wearer as I find it never stays on my cheeks! I love love love the packaging it's super cute, it's an easy to use product and lovely choice of colours. I applied the highlighter straight onto my face after applying my foundation and found it glided on easily and the glow was beautiful! It reminds me of watts up from benefit, I use this on the top of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and on the inner corner of my eyes. I applied the blush straight onto my cheeks and blended it out with my fingers, which was easy enough. The colour was pretty bold and had a powdery finish which I thought may help with the longevity of this product. I was very happy with the results after finishing and setting the blush in place with translucent powder.

 
Pros and Cons:
 
I would say the price is mid range as they are nearly £10 each, although it was 3 for 2 and £3 off makeup for N07, I probably would have looked at these but not sure I would have paid £9.95 for the blush. The colours of these are beautiful and perfect for Spring/Summer but again I find that cream blushers do not last all day on me; I have oily/combo skin so that's probably why! Perfect for mature/dryer skin types. The highlighter is fab though, I would recommend this as this is a universal shade and extremely flattering on the skin.
 
Swatches below of the blush and highlighter:
 
 
Overall:
 
I am glad I picked these up and have found if I apply the blusher with a small stippling brush and buff it in then pop a little bit of setting powder over the top I get a better wear out of it. I will definitely use these on my more mature clients as they would be perfect for them. I feel their price point could have been more like £6.99-8 rather than nearing £10, the highlight is a perfect dupe for Benefit Watts up for less than half the price so definitely worth the £9.95 in my opinion! Get it while the offer is on and you will pick this up for £6.95!!
 
Me below with the highlighter and cream blush on:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment