Thursday 27 March 2014

Maybelline baby skin

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer available online here
When it comes to primers I'm pretty obsessive! I can't ignore the latest primer especially if it's promise is 'baby skin'! I had to get this, although I had seen a few hit and miss reviews so was sceptical about its promise...

First impressions:
Packaging is cute and bright instantly caught my eye. The texture is like a lot of other silicone based primers, very smooth and silky. I applied this with my hands concentrating it in the areas where I have more pores. It applied easily, not sticky or greasy. My foundation looked great over the top of this. I couldn't say it created the look of 'baby skin' but my skin definitely looked smooth. The main reason I buy a primer is to make sure my makeup stays in place all day and my foundation applies more evenly and smoothly. I wore this on a typical day and found by lunchtime I did need to blot the oily areas on my skin and my face felt a little greasy.

Pros and cons:
Very affordable and readily available in boots and Superdrug. It definitely made my skin look smooth and a bit more perfected. Like I said before I did notice later on in the day I had greasy patches and my makeup was sliding a bit. I do have oily/combo skin so that's probably why. I would recommend this to anyone with normal combo skin, I have better primers but they are pricier so I guess for £7.99 and a drugstore primer you cant complain about the quality of it. I would use it again on days where I am working in the office, I wouldn't wear this for a night out though.

Overall:
I will definitely use this for day to day use. I won't be using it for nights out when I want my makeup to last all night. I am happy I tried it and guess you get what you pay for and for something you can pick up in your local boots for less than a tenner it works!! I definitely felt it made my foundation apply better and this would last all day for someone with dryer or mature skin. 
Picture of me with makeup on after applying primer:

No comments:

Post a Comment