Thursday 20 March 2014

L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation £9.99 available online here
 
Yes! Another foundation on the market claiming to last 24 hours! This was right up my alley, I'm all for full coverage long lasting foundation. Was this as good as my favourite Revlon colorstay foundation??


First impressions:
 
Basic packaging, sleek and great pump bottle. Coverage was medium but buildable, colour was slightly yellow but matched as I had fake tanned. There were 5 colours to choose from in my local Boots, this was the closest match. I like full coverage so would have loved it if this was a little more coverage although I applied a couple of layers so I was happy with it after doing so. This lasted quite well, although I found it sliding a little after 8 hours wear, so it's definitely not a 24hr wear foundation for my skin type unfortunately!

 
Pros and cons:
 
Average price point, doesn't compare to the coverage and the longevity of the Rimmel stay matte (see my blog post on this) but this foundation is probably suitable for more dry/normal skin types. For me, I have oily patches that appear usually 3-4 hours after applying makeup. I need something that stays on for 12+ hours! This would be fab for someone who had normal/combo or slightly dry skin and that wants a medium coverage foundation that is buildable in coverage.

Overall:
 
I do like this foundation but like I said it didn't wear for 24 hours like it claims! Maybe would last on a normal skin better? Would definitely wear this day to day as the finish is lovely and is perfect for my days in the office.
 
Me wearing the foundation:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment