Thursday 1 March 2012

My 'Faveys'........(at the moment)

Hi Makeup and Beauty lovers, I thought my second Blog should be about what my 'Go to' products are at the moment. I'm saying (at the moment) because i change it up every other day!!

I don't stick to these products all the time, but I'd say for the majority of the week they are always at hand.

Some i have replaced time and time again and some are newbies, so here goes...........


So usually to start off after cleansing, I apply a light moisturiser, this being either: Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser or Johnson's Facecare: Oil Balancing Light Day Fluid. Both of these moisturisers are light and help balance my combination skin. They are also cheap too (around £2-£3). This gives me a 'matte' base to control my oily patches. I then apply Garnier's Youthful Radiance Caffeine Eye Roll-on under my eyes to make me feel more awake - i swear it works!!!

Next i would apply the newly discovered Kiko Cosmetics Mat Base Corrector Primer - this again helps as a base to control oil. I don't always use this, i usually use it for a night out when i want my makeup to last!! I used to use Urban Decay's De Slick in a tube (£18 for 20ml) but this is much cheaper at £8.90 for 25ml!! It pretty much an exact dupe!! http://www.kikocosmetics.com

I usually use a primer every day and i have two favourites at the moments which are, Mac's Matte Primer (£14) and Smashbox Photofinish Primer (I got this at Duty Free so paid £22 for a 15ml and a 30ml. Usually its quite a bit more than that.

My 'Holy Grail' foundation has to be Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua (£31), i love the finish of this foundation and its lasts for hours and hours!! I got mine at Boots when i had enough points on my card to buy it!!! My shade is B20 Beige Tendre which is fairly light for me, but when it is summer i will probably go up a shade or two. Love that it has SPF 15 too!!

I have also been loving Avon's Ideal Flawless Foundation in Natural Beige - this is FAB and is on offer at the moment for £10!! (usual price £12) which is pretty cheap in comparison to other high end foundations. I have also heard the concealer and powder are good too so might also try those. This has a lovely finish and lasts just as long as my Chanel foundation. My mum is an Avon Rep so i got this for free (Thanks Mum!!)

To apply my foundation i have been using Samantha Chapman's - Real Techniques Buffing Brush - this is one of the product of Sam from Pixiwoo - who are a major inspiration for me!! The brush gives a flawless, even look and blends foundation like no other brush. I also use ELF's Stipple Brush - this too blends my foundation really well and is a real bargain at just £3.50!!

I use Kiko cosmetics Full coverage concealer in shade 02 (£7.50). This is up there with the best, i am so glad i took a chance on this brand - there makeup is such high quality. If you are a new customer they offer free delivery!! It blends amazingly and doesn't budge!! Highly recommended for use on blemishes and also under eyes.

I use Mac's Studio Fix Powder in NC 25/30 to seal my makeup - i find it helps my makeup last longer. I regularly use this throughout the day with a powder puff. I also love ELF's High Definition powder (£6) I got this when it was 30% off so was a bargain - it lasts ages too!!! Its a dupe with Makeup Forever's HD powder.

I love a bronzer and have tried loads, recently i have purchased the famous Chanel Bronze Universal - i got this at £19 instead of £29 because i had £10 on my Debenhams Beauty Reward Card. I love this as it blends like a dream and doesn't have that 'muddy' look sometimes bronzers can create. I think it will last me into summer too - i want to try it out in the heat and test its resistance. The powder bronzer i usually use day to day is the W7 Honolulu Bronzer which is only £2.95 on line from http://www.thecosmetichouse.co.uk This bronzer is matte and has no glitter in it so is great for contouring too. I usually stock up on 2 or 3 which still comes to under £9 - Loving the bargains!!!

I have loads of favey blushers but the one I'm using at the moment is Topshop's Powder Blush in Pop £6 (i think) - its a pinky coral shade which is very pigmented, i also love Kiko Cosmetics Soft Touch Blush in Orange Coral which at the moment is only £3.90!!! I usually go for Coral shades or a pretty pink. I also use a highlighter to make my cheekbones stand out i go for Mac's Cream Colour Base in Shell which i also use on my brow bone, down the centre of my nose and on my Cupid's bow to add extra depth and to highlight these features.

For eye makeup i usually use my Urban Decay Naked Palette or Naked Palette 2 - i just love the neutral shades an how you can mix them up. My favourite shades are: Sin, Toasted and Darkhorse (Naked) Chopper, verve, Busted and Blackout (Naked 2). The fluffy brush in the naked 2 palette is great for blending too. I also use Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eyeshadow in Flexi Brown for my crease or for the outer corners of my eyes. I have bought this eyeshadow again and again because the shade accent my blue eyes.You can pick this up from http://www.cosmetic-kingdom.co.uk for just 49p - YES!!! 49p - this is for the palette pan only so doesn't include brush - which i don't really use anyway!!!  I also use Superdrug's own brand MUA's Eyeshadow in shade 16 as a base and to highlight my brow bone, this is great for highlighting cheekbones and down the centre of your nose - the best thing is all the eye shadows are just £1 - yippee!!

I use Collection 2000's Clear Mascara (£2.99) to keep my brows at bay - along with Benefits Silky Powder Eyeshadow in the shade Bossy to fill them in, you can get this eyeshadow cheaper at http://www.cosmetic-kingdom.co.uk for £3.99.

For eyeliner i love Mac's Penultimate Eye Liner to line my lid and Mac's Technakhol Pencil in Graphblack for my waterline. I have also recently discovered NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils - i have two in the shades Milk and French Fries these are lovely and blend amazingly!! I will definitely be purchasing more of those - i got mine from http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk for £4.50.

My mascara always used to be Loreal's Telescopic in Carbon Black but i recently purchased their new version: Falsh Lash Telescopic Mascara in Magnetic Black - this is even better!! My lashes go on forever when i use this and there is no clumpiness!!!

Lastly my favourite lip products are 17's Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive - this is a nude creamy lipstick that feels like a lip balm, it feels so conditioning when i apply it. There is a great range of shades too in their collection. I also wouldn't be without Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in shade 02 - i got this at Duty Free too - so it was two of them for £13!!

Phew!!! Sorry i went on a bit but wanted to add a little review too and prices where i could. So does anyone else use any of these products?? Or tried any of these? What is your opinion if so??

Hope this appeals to you makeup lovers out there!!!

Final thought: Who doesn't love a beauty bargain?

Kelli

xoxo









4 comments:

  1. the chanel bronzer is my fave!

    Check out my blog, I am having a Mac lipstick giveaway - chose the MAc lipstick of your choice :o)
    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want Naked and Naked 2 :)

    Nice collection btw :) x

    ReplyDelete