Thursday 22 March 2012

Carmine Beauty Box Review:

I decided to include the Carmine Box as part of my Monthly Beauty Box reviews. This was the February Box but I received my box in March along with my She Said Beauty Box and my GLOSSYBOX. I have tried and tested these products and here's what i received:

Carmine Beauty Box:




This box is £10 per month plus p&p if you choose the pay monthly option - which again can be cancelled at anytime.


I had heard rave reviews about this box so was very excited when it arrived!!

Inside the Box:



I received 5 luxury samples plus a Yardley perfume sample. The box included:


Diego Dalla Palma Il Rossetto The Lipstick in shade 32:




I was so excited to see a lipstick in my box! I love the shade too - it is a rose/coral colour which glides on lovely. I have been to my local Tesco Extra (where they sell Diego Dalla Palma products) and looked at their other cosmetic items. The range is lovely so i may purchase something on my next payday!!


White Glo whitening toothpaste:




Apparently this was formulated for use on Actors and models etc. Which instantly made me want to try it!! My teeth are quite white anyway so i didn't notice a major difference. I generally use a whitening toothpaste so was chuffed to try this out.


Andrea Fullerton Nail Varnish in Paris:



This is a fab vibrant shade - looks a little bit fuchsia in the picture but is probably more of a deep pink. I have used Andrea Fullerton products before and was really impressed!! You only need one coat and your ready to go - it is fast drying and very pigmented!


The Balm Frat Boy Shadow Blush:




This was my favourite addition to the box!! I was so chuffed to see a full size blusher and the shade was so wearable. I have never used any of The Balm products before as i found they were out of my price range. The best bit - it goes so well with lipstick i received!!You can use this as an eye shadow too but i wouldn't use this shade for anything other than a blusher. Its the kind of colour that suits everybody - coral/rose. Fab product!!! 

Daniel Sandler Eye Delight:




This was also a major bonus as i have never used Daniel Sandler products before - although i have my eye on the Watercolour Blush!! This isn't a product i would use daily but for special occasions would be lovely as a highlighter or on the inner corner of your eye. I may use this on my sisters wedding day for this purpose. Great product and highly pigmented.

Overall i was extremely pleased with my Carmine Box, All the products in the box are something i would use. This was by far my favourite Beauty Box so far!!

However....

I received an email yesterday which said:

Carmine and GLOSSYBOX have joined forces! Carmine has decided to pass on its services to the expertise of GLOSSYBOX to offer you a top-notch beauty box.

So there you have it - Carmine Monthly Beauty Boxes are no more :( I am gutted but hopes this means Glossy Box will have even better boxes!

Has anyone else subscribed to Carmine?

Are you pleased/gutted they have rendered their services to GLOSSYBOX?

Kelli xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment