Wednesday 9 April 2014

Peaches pigments and experience





Peaches pigments £5.95 each available online here
Peaches website: http://www.fabulousmakeup.co.uk/
 
I had been wanting to visit the Peaches and Cream shop ever since I'd heard of them so I booked a Master class over the phone which was £30 for a tutorial for 3 looks. I went with a couple of friends and we all love makeup so we were super excited to see what they use and their tips and tricks. We were greeted by a girl who took our booking and told us to take a seat whilst they set up. When they were ready we went upstairs to the area where they teach the class. It was so bright, there were so many bulbs everywhere which was fab! The girl who taught the master class was Katie, she was very friendly and confident. and answered any questions you had to ask. She started off with a nude Smokey eye, then showed us a glitter smoke and a full on black Smokey eye. All very dramatic eye looks but done in different ways using varied products. I loved the glitter smoke as it was so different and dramatic. It all went very fast and we all wanted to know everything they used but it felt like a bit of a blur! After the class had ended we were able to look around the shop and make our purchases, I really wanted a few brushes but it seemed they were out of stock of a lot of items. I chose to go with the pack of their five pigments which were £18 as we had 10% off on the day (price is usually £20) and a lit kit (I will do a separate blog bost on this).
 
Pic of Nude Smokey Eye:
   

  
 
Pic of Full on black Smokey Eye and Glitter Smokey Eye:
 

 
 
Peaches Pigments:
 
 
Swatches:
 
Colours Left to Right: Wicked, Stella, Fierce, Hoochie and Wow.
 
First Impressions:
 
I think the loose shadows are fab, they are true to their colour and packed with pigment. I swatched them and just one swipe was very pigmented. I was impressed with the quality of these and with the colours I was given I definitely think they are wearable and I can create some beautiful looks with them.
 
 

Pros and cons:

Apart from pigments in general being messy (we all know they can get everywhere) I cant think of any cons as they blend like a dream and the colours are beautiful extremely wearable colours and very pigmented. I love the cute packaging too and cant wait to try the brushes next time I go!

 
 
Overall:
 
The whole experience was great for me, I got to see their work in action and try their products so I know they work and look amazing. I also know a few tips and tricks and loved the Masterclass experience. I would say anyone who loves makeup or just wants to learn a bit more should give it a go and book a class with them. 
 
 
Products Peaches and Cream favour:
 
MAC Vanilla Pigment - used as base for shadow and highlighter
MAC Kid Eyeshadow
Loreal True Match Foundation
Lancôme Teint Idole/Teint Miracle Foundation
MAC Blot Powder
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
Barry M Lipliners
 

No comments:

Post a Comment